Saturday, July 09, 2005

GrandaMa


‘Grandmother’ - This word emancipates very affectionate and caring illusions in the morbid minds of people and also with a sweet uniqueness of its own.


I have read a lot in books about very caring and sweet grandmothers who hug and kiss their grandchildren and pamper them to wildest ranges of imagination. But my Grandmother was very different. She was almost 6 feet tall, had a broad body frame, more like a man, wore only white, a typical icon of a widow taking care of both the man’s and lady’s work at home. And… let me tell you, she hated cuddling and pampering children, especially if they were her own grandchildren. You wont believe this if I told you but I was actually scared of my grandmother (maybe at that age) . But now, when I look back at the garlanded photograph of hers in our home, I mull over things and realize that the fear had slowly developed into a grudging respect over the years . Even today, after 12 years past her death, I feel the same respect and idolism when I look upto her framed photograph.

Ah!! Now I remember.. I was having this gut feeling that I was fogetting something. Usually when I speak of my Grandmother, people automaticaly tend make associations with my fathers parents. But it is not so. My Grandmother is my Mother's Mother. I have never stayed even for a single day with my father's mother. Nothing personal, just....... I dont know what to say.


Maybe you may think it to be very foolish.. But I feel she is very close to Mr.God up there. So if I have to get any work done from The Almighty, I use her recommendation. Now is that bad?? I don’t think so. People do the same down here at earth . I’m just doing it at a much more higher standards.


Hmmmm… Sometimes its good to have connections at a High Levels. Big Shot Me eh?? ;)

No comments: