Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Other Side......

I was under the impression that women were emotionally very strong . I still believe it but today i came to know to achieve that level to emotioanl empowerment, the women has to go through a lot of evil and hardships...

Today i went to Anu's (Ahalya's) place. It was her b'day treat (for a change she was giving it beforehand). She is a vibrant writer and she asked me to read this short story which she had recently published on www.desijournal.com. The story was very well written and presented very properly. But I did not like the story. Nothing to to with the story, but well... it kind of shattered my illusions which I had been carrying with me for a long time. I cant explain..... its a kind of mixed feelings. Anu asked me how was the story, I wanted to tell her I did not like it, but I could not say that because the story was extremely well crafted. So i just pointed out the literary specificities in them to her, which I liked. Well I want you to read the story and post your comments.... The link given below....

http://www.desijournal.com/article.asp?articleid=277

No comments: