Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Love Ya".........




"Yun To Akela Hi Aksar, Gir Ke Sambhal Sakta Hoon Main.....
Tum Jo Pakad Lo Haath Mera, Duniya Badal Sakta Hoon Main...."

These are a part of the lyrics of the old Hindi song "O Mere Dil ke Chain..." from the Rajesh Khanna starrer "Mere Jeevan Saathi". This son has always been among my favorites mainly because of the RDB music (for people who don't know me too well, I'm a die hard RD Burman fan). Every time I listen to my RDB collection, this song catches my attention because of its simple yet beautiful music and the efficiently careless use of the music instruments to get that lazy sensuous evening feeling. Any RDB fan would understand immediately what i'm trying to say :) but ah yes!! I'm deviating from my real purpose here. I don't usually pay much heed to the lyrics because most of the Hindi song lyrics just revolves around Dil, Pyar, Mohabbat, Sanam, Dilbar etc etc... But this time the lyrics of the stanza of this song caught my attention....

"Yun To Akela Hi Aksar Gir Ke Sambhal Sakta Hoon Main.....
Tum Jo Pakad Lo Haath Mera, Duniya Badal Sakta Hoon Main...."

Its surprising that it never gathered my attention before. I have heard this song a hundred times or so but never before had the meaning of the lyrics impinged upon me. For the benefit of those whose Hindi proficiency is not so cool... the 2 lines transcribes into this:
                 "Its not that I cannot get up on my own from where I have fallen. But if you are there to hold my hand, I could stand up and change the whole world."


Seriously, I don't see a better way to express your love to the one you love. I mean, what's the point telling someone that you love them so much that you would die for them or you would kill for them...................

Goooooooooddddddddd........... A lot of thoughts and words and emotions are rushing into my head at a speed which I can't control with my fingers and my laptop keyboard :)

Let me end this write up with this closing note. In Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead", the protagonist - Howard Roark speaks of his notion of love, which boils down to something like this -
"In the expression 'I Love You', the most important word is 'I'. Until and unless you realize the importance and presence of the 'I' in 'I Love You', the other 2 words are simply rendered meaningless. "

So next time you would know what to make of when someone tells you "love ya" .......
Baaki......., Samajhdaar ko ishaara hi kaafi hai :)





18 comments:

Ritu said...

Don't. You think more of 'I' Will become an expression of selfishness. Love is some place where you nd i cease to exist,it becomes US.

Unknown said...

I second Ritu here... Love is not where you and I are separate.... When the love in the center becomes big enough, it absorbs the I and you into itself and becomse one joyful being. I don't think Ayn Rand understands that completely! :)

Anonymous said...

All can be

Reji said...

@Ritu and @Raman - I respect and value your views. After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So am I :). As far as I am concerned, the whole concept of 'U' n 'Me' becoming 'US' and getting converted into one single "Joyful Being" is all just good for the books. Nothing like that happens in the real life and I believe nothing like that should happen. From childhood through adolescence to adulthood, a lot of people(parents, teachers, friends) work along with you to build your character and help you realize your identity. Then one fine day, that individual identity of yours, which you have nurtured over the years, you are ready to shed away just like that for some strong emotion you feel - namely 'Love'. NO.... I'm not against love or anything, just i don't share your views on losing your Self over Love.
@Ritu - I don't think 'I' will become an expression of selfishness. I consider it as more of an expression of "Self Respect."

Opinions apart - Ritu/Raman thanks for taking time to read and comment :)

Sandeep said...

Welcome back! Its been a long time since u posted something. Good one.

Ritu said...

Nobody spoke about losing ones identity...'Tum jo ho koi tumse waise pyar kare..koi badal ke pyar kare to pyar nahi sauda kare..'

I guess Chechi.. you deviated from the topic here a bit...

Reji said...

@Ritu - More than me deviating from my topic,, I suppose you are contradicting your own words... :)
Quoting your words "Love is some place where you nd i cease to exist".
Again quoting your own words in your second comment "Nobody spoke about losing ones identity". Pay Heed......
:)

Reji said...

@Sandeep - Thanks :)

Gayatri K . Vikram said...

Nice to read after a while...I have no knowledge in RDB or Hindi lyrics...but ur translation to it is amazing.

Reji said...

@Gayatri Thanks :). By the way i'm an ardent fan of the 3 little women :)

Anonymous said...

We were more than happy to find this web page. . ! I personally wanted to thank you for your time, effort for this excellent writings.

Anonymous said...

Youre so awesome, man! I cant believe I missed this blog for so long. Its just great stuff all round.

Anonymous said...

I am coming back to your site for additional before long.

Anonymous said...

The test is great. Not only well-written but also educational and inspirational.

Anonymous said...


This is a good posting, I was wondering if I could use this write-up on my website:)))

Anonymous said...


Thanks a lot once more for a lot of things.

Robert said...

Don't. You think more of 'I' Will become an expression of selfishness. Love is some place where you nd i cease to exist,it becomes US.

Anonymous said...

Admiгіng the cοmmitment you put into your blog and in depth information уou рresent.
It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outԁatеԁ
rehаsheԁ іnformation. Fantastіc геad!

I've bookmarked your site and I'm including youг RЅS feedѕ to mу Gоogle accοunt.


my weblog - personal loans